The Trade Finance Banker is primarily responsible for promoting the sale of BBVA Compass’ Global Trade Finance products and services. Global Trade Finance products include, but are not limited to:
- Medium and long term ECA (Export Credit Agency) loans (e.g. Buyer’s Credit). Experience with ECAs such as U.S. Ex-Im Bank, CESCE, Coface, Sace, Hermes, Sinosure, Kexim, JBIC, etc.
- S. Eximbank working capital facilities
- Forfaiting (LC Discounting, Receivables Purchase, etc.)
- Documentary business (issuance, confirmation and advising of Letters of Credit as well as Incoming and Outgoing Collections).
The position will serve as a trade finance specialist to Relationship Managers throughout BBVA Compass’ Commercial Banking Group. Primary responsibilities will be to develop and coordinate product offerings to trade finance prospects.
Major/Essential Job Duties:
- Creating and working on a target list of Commercial Clients in the U.S. to identify opportunities and offer trade finance products
- Preparing marketing material including product presentations, for own use and also to be included in Relationship Manager presentations
- Collaborating with other product units to improve the cross-selling efforts of the bank
- Implementing the trade finance distribution model and other trade finance transformation plans.
- Active collaboration (including providing feedback) about all aspects of the implementation of the Trade Finance plan in the U.S
- Must be able to market the bank and their products to new customers