Self-starter provided some supervision performing Documentary Collections and Foreign Exchange Currency tasks to support International Trade Services and overall productivity of the department. The tasks can include but are not limited to reviewing documents, preparing correspondence, data entry utilizing specialized databases, creating reports, responding to inquiries, organizing and maintaining department logs and processing duties associated with foreign currency.
- Process, pay and create acceptances of all incoming and outgoing documentary collections on a daily basis.
- Verify and make payments on all direct collections.
- Send SWIFT messages on all documentary collections and acceptances.
- Process foreign currency requests including foreign drafts.
- Handle incoming correspondence (Interoffice, Facsimile and electronic) and dispense, as appropriate.
- Work with external resources such as vendors that support the daily activity of International Trade.
- Create and update archive log for closed Letter of Credit and Collection files older than 12 months and coordinate archive process.
- Inventory and order department supplies.
- Establish and maintain relationship with all offices, bank officers, and external customers and provide technical expertise and general advice regarding documentary collections and foreign currency.
- Maintain an up to date understanding of regulations as governed by the current revision of the U.S. Department of Commerce Office of Anti-Boycott Compliance Regulations, the U.S. Department of Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations (OFAC) and the Uniform Collections Rules 522.