BBVA is a global financial group with more than 135,000 employees and 67 million customers across 35 countries. BBVA is on a mission to be the world's #1 digital bank and is building the foremost digital banking franchise worldwide.
BBVA’s New Digital Businesses (NDB) team is a global business unit that is disrupting the banking and financial services industry by investing in, partnering with, building, and acquiring fintech start-ups. With offices in Madrid, San Francisco, Hong Kong and London, NDB is a key piece of BBVA’s global innovation initiative. Through NDB, BBVA has acquired Simple (US), Holvi (Finland), and Openpay (Mexico). It owns a substantial stake in Atom (UK). It invests in fintechs like Prosper, Personal Capital, and Coinbase through its venture capital arm, Propel Venture Partners. And it is incubating a number of cutting-edge fintech start-ups including Azlo (SMB banking), Denizen (banking for expats), Covault (digital identity), Tuyyo (real time remittances), Upturn (credit improvement), and Muno (insurtech). Visit us athttps://www.bbva.com/ndb/
One of the ventures the NDB team is developing is a new autonomous business venture focused on helping customers understand and improve their credit. Join a small startup team with ambitious goals for a new platform that will make a positive impact on consumers’ financial lives.
Upturn is a personal credit improvement platform that helps you discover and resolve credit issues. For customers who have recently been declined or considering applying for credit, Upturn’s personalized credit building and repair tools help them qualify for better rates and discover alternative credit options. For bank partners, Upturn’s platform provides an alternative to the traditional turndown or declined credit application.
Our vision is to create new opportunities for people to actively participate in the U.S. credit system.
What to expect:
- Opportunity to make a significant contribution right away defining and developing a 1.0 product.
- Collaborate closely with others like you who have a bias for action.
- Help build a financial technology platform that is both meaningful and impactful.
- Use data to build usable products that will build trust and generate revenue.
- Balanced and flexible working environment.
- Autonomy to make key product and hiring decisions without bureaucracy.
What you bring:
- Min. 5 years product leadership experience as both an individual contributor and leader.
- Min. 2 years experience launching consumer and enterprise technology products.
- Proven ability to collect and use data to drive product decisions.
- Familiar with agile and scrum methodologies, ability to lead sprint planning meetings.
- Strong user experience background and familiarity with API design.
- Ability to influence technical engineering teams using data.
- Hands-on experience with modern frontend technology stacks.
- Be decisive, hands-on and have a bias for action e.g. start without permission.
- Team builder that can support and mentor junior team members.
- Relationship builder who understands how to navigate complex organizations.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed