Responsible for performing the on-boarding due diligence process for International customers according to BBVA Compass AML guidelines & Account Control Unit (ACU) policies and procedures for assuring compliance with regulatory requirements at federal, state and local level.
- Knowledgeable in BSA/AML compliance applicable for the on-boarding process for international customers.
- Performs the customer due diligence procedures according to ACU policies and procedures for international customers.
- Assist in the account opening and maintenance processes for international customer accounts according to the ACU policies and procedures.
- Serves as an advisor to account officers on all account opening matters for international customers.
- Collaborate with account officers and back office staff on all account opening matters for international customers.
- Performs additional tasks and projects as assigned by his/her direct supervisor and BBVA Compass management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PROBLEM SOLVING
- Knowledge of BSA/AML applicable laws and regulations affecting the account opening process for international customers.
- Strong knowledge about documents required to open accounts for international customers
- Must be fluent in Spanish language (reading, writing and oral communication skills)
- Excellent verbal and written general communication
- Strong problem solving, analytical and PC skills.