Internal auditing (IA) is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
Team Leads are integral to ensuring bank operations are efficient, effective, and compliant with corporate policies and government regulations. The IT Team Lead will help ensure technology risks are adequately mitigated, including risks associated with IT management, software development, information security, computer operations, BCP/DR, disruptive technologies, and cybersecurity.
We are looking for an IT Audit Team Lead to enhance our capabilities to provide assurance on the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and internal controls associated with Technology risks.
- Testing & validation: Assess technology risk level enterprise-wide and determine adequacy of implemented controls. Validate implemented controls by designing and executing audit tests during system, application and IT process reviews. Communicate and document process and risk understanding and evaluation, including the identification of potential issues and improvements.
- Reporting: Make relevant recommendations regarding internal control processes and related procedures as they relate to effectiveness and compliance with bank policies and regulations.
- Analytical & critical thinking: Capable of evaluating technology risks with strong analytical and critical thinking skills, in order to identify potential issues and improvements that add value for the Bank.
- Detailed & global visions: Strong attention to details and ability to have a global vision of a technology processes and systems.
Communication and interpersonal skills
- Communication: Communication skills are necessary to articulate insight gained from analysis, expressing the work done both orally and in writing, in an accurate, clear and concise manner.
- Interpersonal: Collaboration with line of business clients and other auditors to achieve objectives.
- Technology knowledge: Sufficiently broad knowledge and understanding of the IT Processes such as IT infrastructure management, software life cycle, information security, disaster recovery and business continuity planning, computer operations, emerging technologies like API and cloud implementations, and cyber security.
- Preferred knowledge of banking products and processes.