Summary of Responsibilities: The Syndicated Finance Associate will be part of a fast paced team responsible for the origination and structuring of loan capital market transactions for BBVA’s U.S. client base. Analysis of trends and market conditions in the loan markets across the U.S. including investment grade and non-investment grade, and preparation of internal and external market updates. Assist in the preparation of marketing material and proposals for existing and prospective U.S. clients.
Major/Essential Job Duties:
- Credit Underwriting, Due Diligence, and Financial Analysis of syndicated loan opportunities.
- Preparation of marketing materials for client pitches and idea generation, including pitchbook template updates.
- Preparation of Information Memos and Lender Presentations for lead role opportunities and coordination of bank meetings.
- Portfolio management and information reporting on in process transactions and closed deals, including interaction with finance on fee recognition.
- Provide assistance to and training of interns and analysts.
- Internal reporting, liaison with back office on deal closing and monitoring.
- Must work closely with internal teams (risk, syndicate, client coverage) as well as external relationships (legal, participant banks, clients).
Level of Complexity and Risk Involved: Moderately complex responsibilities requiring independent work and analysis, and interaction with other client and product groups within the bank, including support areas. Strong understanding of underwriting and risk analysis. Track record of executing middle market syndicated loan mandates as a lead arranger/administrative agent, including credit approvals, working with syndicate teams, marketing materials/bank meetings, and documentation of the transaction.
Scope of Duties:
- Interaction with other teams within the BBVA Group
- Maintenance of internal reports and their distribution to the appropriate areas.
- Understanding and development of financial modeling, financial statement analysis, derivative instruments.
- Oral and written presentations for client marketing and internal purposes.
- Client meeting participation when practical and direct client management as warranted.
- Preparation and monitoring of the loan closing process.
- Identification and use of research and tools and management of data resources.
- Participation in due diligence meetings and coordination of lead arranger mandates.