Function: The Corporate Deposit Relationship Manager supports the bank's commercial banking business plan by developing new relationships with public municipalities, foundations, not-for-profit organizations, etc. While the primary responsibility of this position is new business development through sales of non-interest bearing (DDA) and interest bearing deposit products to new and existing customers, this job also requires overseeing/servicing the current client portfolio.
- Develops annual business plan, consistent with the bank's plan, to target customers, prospects and suspects with likely deposit needs. Target markets include title companies, property management companies, not-for-profit organizations, foundations, public municipalities, large corporate entities with non-lending, large deposit/treasury management needs and other market niches as identified.
- Executes the business plan by making calls, seeking referrals and developing relationships.
- Works closely with their assigned treasury management associate to identify opportunities including identifying other market niches with deposit/treasury management needs.
- Assesses Client/Prospect needs and designs appropriate solutions/alternatives.
- Maintains an agreed upon number of active prospects (qualified, quarterly contact, CBSS Management contact).
- Generates treasury management sales by targeting deposit only relationships.
- Cross-sells Corporate Banking’s entire product array, as appropriate.
- Position Compass Bank for key opportunities.
- May supervise clerical support personnel.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the bank's deposit products and services as well as credit standards, trends in commercial banking pricing and products, effective sales and customer service practices, relevant legal issues and other necessary information.
- When applicable, negotiates, within broad guidelines, credit pricing, terms and structures