In this position, you will originate new Sponsor Coverage loans utilizing sponsors and intermediary relationships and through a targeted direct calling approach.
Supports the bank's Sponsor Coverage business plan by developing new Sponsor Coverage customers. Services and expands the existing customer base under the general direction of the Head of Asset-Based Lending. Handles Sponsor Coverage loans with a loans outstanding portfolio of $100,000,000 and up. At the senior level, may supervise 1-2 lenders as the group grows but an ability to lead the group in the future is a priority.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Prospect and develop new Sponsor Coverage finance client relationships.
- Meet with Sponsor Coverage Lending team to approve prospective new clients.
- Exceed new business volume production and portfolio growth goals set by management.
- Manage existing client relationships from a sales perspective for future needs/opportunities.
- Evaluate all aspects of potential transactions including financial position of clients and transaction structure.
- Work with the credit and documentation teams in delivering service and managing risk.
- Establish new intermediary and sponsor relationships for the group.
- Develop strong external and internal relationships.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the bank's credit standards, trends in Sponsor Coverage pricing and products, effective sales and customer service practices, relevant legal issues and other necessary information.
- Calls on assigned agent banks promoting BBVA as a trusted and reliable partner in Sponsor Coverage transactions. Pre-screens transactions to ensure timely feedback to agent banks and an efficient allocation of underwriting resources. Structures and negotiates, within broad guidelines, credit pricing, terms and structures.
- Oversees preparation of loan packages for approval. Facilitates resolution of the credit approval process.
- Manages and expands existing portfolio by overseeing credit renewals, resolving problems and cross-selling other products with the assistance of product specialists and junior officers.