Payments is a specialized product unit under the Retail Banking line of business. This business unit has full responsibility for card issuing, debit and credit card product development and management, merchant services and business analytics to support the strategic plans for each of these functions. The Payments team also manages credit card portfolio optimization initiatives which include analysis of the existing portfolio's performance and implementation of client-engagement marketing and service campaigns.
The Payments Business Analyst will be a highly motivated, creative and collaborative individual with great ability to understand how Payments data relates to client satisfaction and profitability. A successful candidate will enjoy numbers and will play a critical role in providing analyses to help the team understand key metrics related to business objectives. This person will also evaluate all sources of Client and Business intelligence to enhance the dashboard view of the Payments reporting to support analytically driven strategies. In addition to managing acquisition initiatives from a data perspective, the individual will also undertake ad-hoc reporting requests.
The Analyst will also collaborate across multiple lines of business and management levels to understand the needs of all clients, while aligning with the overall visions of the Global and US groups.
Qualifications and Skills Required
1. Bachelor's degree in statistics or another quantitative discipline, MBA preferred.
2. 3+ years experience with SAS, SQL, Python or another data-mining application
3. 2+ years experience in managing a direct mail campaign cycle, including targeting criteria, selection process, post campaign performance, analytics and reporting is strongly preferred.
4. Exposure to customer and business intelligence, finance or risk role, including campaign management, dashboard reporting, promotion analytics, credit scoring, pricing analytics, brand analysis, segmentation or equivalent experience is preferred.
5. A strong desire to motivate and influence dynamic teams in a fast changing, dynamically growing payments industry.
6. Proven ability to work independently as an individual contributor on multiple cross-functional team projects; paying attention to key milestones and related deliverable dates.
7. Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills with drive for collaborative and creative approach.