Responsible for managing the software and system design, development and support of the applications that provide banking service functions to the various lines of business. The Director is responsible for ensuring that the conceptual, logical and physical design of the systems meet business needs and operate within the organization’s defined technology standards. Management of business and technical requirements for each of these systems and appropriate deployment of enhancements and projects falls within the Director’s responsibilities. In addition, the Director ensures technology decisions are implemented with full understanding as to organizational impact, the impact of deviations from standard implementations, enforce where applicable the reuse of processes and technology, and identification of technology to be discontinued.
What will you be doing?
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing and managing the development and support of applications within the service functional domain. This includes the management of the various teams required to accept and process customer’s monetary transactions, perform changes to customer data, support customer initiated inquiries and in general provide the basic banking services to the retail customer base.
- Manage these teams across all channels in which they are delivered including the branch, call center and digitally.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with the business units served by these sales functions. To include the Retail LOB and Business Development LOB management committee members and their direct reports. Understand their business needs and be the technology single point of contact for their functional needs.
- Work with the other Business Software Engineering directors to maintain cross functional applications.
- Work with Business Software Engineering Project Management office to fulfill project deliverables
- Positioning BBVA Compass for the reuse of technology and functionality within the software application areas using subject matter expertise, design documentation and common best practices
- Establishing technical designs in compliance with BBVA Group technology standards.
- Works to build and maintain relationships across the BBVA Compass organization on channel application directions and technologies. This includes working with all technology areas to determine interoperability and other technology dependencies.
- Collaborate with other Engineering managers to ensure shared components meet the needs of all systems and are adopted enterprise wide.
- Facilitate the process of cultural and technical change as required to achieve goals.
- Support and establish teams to execute development of business strategy.
- Determines future requirements for the software applications based on business strategy, legacy and new technology.
- Determines standards and processes for software applications. Engages various BBVA Compass groups to build consensus and acceptance for these standards.