The Compliance Risk Specialist is responsible for the implementation and oversight of regulatory and compliance related activities within the Consumer and Commercial Bank. This position works with the C&CB Compliance Champion to strengthen first line of defense activities within the Retail, Commercial, Wealth Management, Mortgage, and BSI segments- ensuring the LOB is compliant with regulatory and bank standards. This position will be accountable for the development of compliance monitoring activities within the C&CB and coordinating regulatory and compliance requirements with Compliance, Risk, Legal and other partners. The position will promote and ensure compliance with applicable federal consumer lending laws and regulations.
• Coordinate execution of compliance related tasks within C&CB – conduits to the line of business and partnership with compliance subject matter experts
• Tactical oversight – discovery of potential issues within the first line of defense and development/coordination of remediation activities
• Aid in the development of new monitoring and controls
• Manage implementation of consumer controls to be determined by compliance risk assessment process
• Assist in the measurement of performance to risk appetite
• Develop action plans in first line of defense to mitigate high and critical risks identified in risk assessments
• Strengthen action plans from Risk Management Tracking System based on assessment results
• Coordinate ongoing risk assessment exercise with compliance and the line of business
• Continued focus on improving communication efforts between first and second line
• Participate/Coordinate compliance risk workshops with FLOD and second line membership
• Development and ongoing maintenance of risk and regulatory dashboard reporting
• Overseeing development of appropriate Risk Management reporting and assessments on key regulatory risk initiatives, including identification of key risk indicators and controls
• Ambassador to create a culture of compliance within the first line of defense
• Interact with regulators as requested
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of five years proven and progressive financial services operations, internal audit, risk, compliance and/or legal management experience or equivalent
• Must be able to work effectively and independently, meet deadlines, and make sound decisions
• Strong project management skills and attention to detail
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in business, related field or equivalent experience
• Working knowledge and/or background in identification of Risk(s) and Control(s)
• High level of motivation as well as strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with both internal and external constituencies
• Broad scope of knowledge of financial services business including products, operations, systems and organization
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to probe sensitive issues while maintaining the highest level of integrity and objectivity
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Microsoft Excel
• Analytical and open-minded, able to provide an objective assessment based on verified data.
• A confident communicator able to present information, in detail, summary or response, to all levels of management.
• Strong computer skills, including experience with word processing, spreadsheets and internet applications.
• A reliable team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ADA
• No unusual physical requirements. All work is typically performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
• Job requires the ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
• Job requires frequent sitting, talking, hearing and handling objects with hands.
• Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching or lifting up to 10 pounds.
• Job typically has routine deadlines, usually with sufficient lead time.
• Variance in work volume is usually predictable and priorities can be anticipated.
• Some interruptions are present and may involve occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
• Travel or other inconveniences are minimal and usually have advance notice.