At BBVA Compass, the Community Development Area Mortgage Sales Manager is responsible for managing the bank’s production of mortgages for low- to moderate-income customers based on the standards set by the Department of Urban Housing and Development (HUD) and the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA). This includes marketing community lending needs, developing relationships with city and state agencies and not-for-profit organizations. In addition, the Manager represents the company publicly through outreach programs to not-for-profit corporations, community organizations, CRA advocacy groups and other organizations.
- Collaborates with internal constituencies to generate mortgage loans to meet CRA and Fair lending objectives.
- Manages and cultivates relationships with not-for-profit organizations, Housing Authorities, Housing Finance Agencies and Affordable Housing Developers that have initiatives, program or products designed to increase homeownership opportunities for low and moderate income and minority individuals and families.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key real-estate professionals.
- Tracks all sales development efforts and communicates performance updates, key deliverables and critical needs assessments to achieve desired results to National Community Lending Sales Manager and senior lending managers.
- Manages and develops Community Development MBOs to ensure they achieve minimum standards.
- Works with the National Community Lending Manager to hire diverse talent across the footprint
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance or related field or equivalent professional experience.
- 7- YEARS< management experience in the consumer mortgage business, motivating a sales group and achieving goals at a national level.
- Must have clear understanding of Community Lending (e.g., FHA, VA, RD-USDA, DPA and Bond Programs).
- Must exhibit a friendly and helpful attitude along with the ability to interact positively with direct reports, mortgage origination and operations leadership teams and district level executives.
- Demonstrate ability to coach the process of identifying needs and implementing an effective solution in a rapid growth environment.
- Ability to solve complex issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed