ABOUT THE ROLE:
*Position MUST be located in Houston, TX
BBVA Compass believes in providing our team members with rewarding careers and development in an environment that allows them to take their development to the next level. We employ team members who are passionate about their impact and are always looking for ways to make solutions better through cross team functionality. Being a part of the Talent Acquisition team at BBVA Compass means you are doing more than just filling jobs. You will join a team that manages Recruiting for the BBVA Compass franchise in the United States.
Our Talent Consultants are treasure hunters. They are avid networkers and make connections where they may not naturally occur. Their sole purpose is to unearth incredible talent in their territory, and engage with Recruiting partners to identify, develop, and execute effective sourcing strategies to build teams and organizations. A champion of both the business and talent, our consultants are responsible for finding talent no one else can, and are able to do this through the relationships they build as well as the creative and innovative sourcing techniques they employ.
As a Talent Consultant for Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB), you will serve as the brand ambassador for BBVA. We are looking for someone who has a strategic mind with a passion for networking and outside of the box thinking. An in depth understanding of the roles within the Commercial, Wealth, Business Banking and/or CIB divisions is needed to be successful in this role.
This role will be responsible for the planning and strategy for the CIB line of business segments. He/She will partner with managers to deliver against the talent strategy. We will be looking for someone who will provide creative approaches to recruiting solutions and one who will network internally & externally to engage potential talent.
Operational Job Duties
- Develop proactive database of potential high caliber talent.
- Maximize use of 1) referral programs and 2) alumni networks.
- Coordinate recruiting campaigns.Measure performance of each area of responsbility.
- Work w/ team to deliver cost savings while also leading the development & deployment of non-manager L&D initiatives.
- Promotes the organization’s philosophy and values; ensures quality in all areas; and encourages teamwork by coaching and providing support in the department and throughout the organization.
- Coordinates posting strategy; gathers information concerning posting employees for interviewing manager; and assists managers in decision-making process.
- Recruits qualified applicants; notifies employment agencies of employment opportunities (if necessary); composes employment ads; participates in career fairs; and maintains good working relationship with agency and school placement office contacts.
- Screens application forms, conducts screening interviews for senior level exempt and management positions, and analyzes applicants' qualifications; determines most suitable job match; recommends and schedules all interviews with hiring managers; assists managers in decision-making process; coordinates and evaluates pre employment references and credit checks; assists managers in decision-making process; and communicates selection decision to applicants.
- Evaluates current selection tools, and evaluates and recommends new selection tools to ensure the most suitable job match is identified; monitors results of screening process to ensure each step is nondiscriminatory.
- Prepares and sends hiring reports as requested listing the number of employees hired during the last reporting period.
- Participates on project teams as needed to ensure the growth and development of the organization and success in meeting the goals established in the Business and Strategic plans.
- Maintains a current knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements impacting the Human Resource Department. Laws include Civil Rights Act, Title VII, ADEA, Rehabilitation Act, ADA, Vietnam Era Veteran’s Readjustment Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, IRCA, FLSA, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.