Location: This role could be located in Dallas, Houston, Chicago or LA realistically
Job Summary: Lead a sales staff focused on new business development and client retention for the accounts receivable factoring and commercial billing services unit of BBVA Compass. Positon reports directly to the Director, Asset Based Lending and Commercial Billing Services.
- Develop and implement an effective sales strategy utilizing both external and internal referral sources to deliver accounts receivable factoring to middle market companies throughout the United States.
- Direct and motivate a small, national sales force covering the Bank’s East, Texas and West Regions to achieve revenue, loan volume and credit quality targets, among others.
- Develop and retain professional relationships with new and existing customers.
- Take an active role alongside the sales staff in screening new loan opportunities, negotiating terms with prospective clients, quarterbacking the loan approval process in cooperation with credit risk counterparts and assist operations staff in-boarding new clients.
- Negotiate new loan documentation and loan amendments.
- Analytical and open-minded, able to provide an objective assessment based on verified data.
- A confident communicator able to present information, in detail, summary or response, to all levels of management.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with word processing, spreadsheets and internet applications.
- A reliable team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks.