At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
What will you be doing?
The Infrastructure Security Engineer acts as a part of a team in the enforcement of corporate, regulatory and risk management policy configurations. The position also assists in developing, implementing and maintaining corporate information security standards, technologies, processes and procedures. The Infrastructure Security Engineer coordinates, administers, monitors and maintains security infrastructure. This includes but is not limited to network security systems, endpoints, security information and event monitoring (SIEM) system logging and analysis, application security, threat intelligence, forensics, anti-malware and vulnerability assessment programs. As a member of the team, the role is required to be process-oriented and results-oriented, and demonstrates effective problem-solving and communication skills. The Infrastructure Security Engineer often serves as a subject matter expert for colleagues and line-of-business managers, and experience with multiple technologies, compliance requirements and risk analysis methodologies is crucial.
- Oversee and guide the implementation of products and services required to maintain compliance with existing, new or changing regulations and audit recommendations.
- Administer and maintain security systems, including network and host intrusion prevention/detection systems (IPS/IDS), SIEM systems, threat intelligence platforms, endpoint protection, forensic tools, public/private/hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Maintain vulnerability management standards across all operating systems, software applications and hardware configurations.
- Administer best practices and required configuration standards for compliance and privacy law obligations.
- Improve efficiencies using automation and orchestration solutions to reduce manual work that can be done programmatically.
- Provide rigorous administrator and configuration settings for third parties.
- Influence tactical and strategic decisions.
What will you bring?
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field preferred
3-5 years’ experience in cybersecurity, including compliance and risk management with a system and network security engineering background.
CISSP or CISM preferred
- Experience administering SIEM systems (QRadar), threat intelligence platforms, threat intelligence, security automation and orchestration solutions, IDS/IPS, file integrity monitoring (FIM), data loss prevention (DLP) and other network and system monitoring tools.
- Experience managing McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator to include experience deploying DLP functions
- Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale.
- Experience in cloud computing technologies, including software-, infrastructure- and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private and hybrid environments.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Candidate will need to be able to provide great customer service, communication skills, and work in a team environment
- Self-Motivated, possess some analytical/trouble shooting skills
- Candidate must demonstrate strong willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to execute tasks in a timely manner
- Experience with Cisco suite of security tools.