This position underwrites loan requests in a high-volume environment, while adhering to department/bank policies and guidelines.
1. Assists and counsels originators in qualifying loans, determining borrower's needs, determining appropriate commercial loan product in light of needs, and obtaining requisite financial data.
2. Reviews credit requests, business credit scores, business reports and consumer bureaus.
3. Evaluates collateral adequacy, industry risk, purpose and viability of business.
4. Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data to assist in determining the risk of the loan.
5. Determines appropriate structure and pricing in light of borrower type, industry, collateral, and risk and documenting any deviations from the prescribed structure.
6. Assesses strengths and weaknesses of loan requests.
7. Completes financial and repayment analysis with a focus on cash flow, liquidity, and leverage analysis.
8. Thoroughly documents the credit request in the appropriate format.
9. Verifies underwriting conditions and additional approval requirements are satisfied.
10. Ensures effective communication between Relationship Managers, Loan Administration, Loan Documentation & Funding Control and other departments involved in the loan process.
11. Strives to minimize turnaround-time while thorough documenting credit requests.
12. Responsible for Credit File maintenance.