The Risk job family is responsible for executing all aspects of the organization’s risk management activities by identifying risk issues and establishing solutions to mitigate those issues. These positions coordinate the performance of risk studies to analyze threats to BBVA Compass assets, to assess the adequacy of controls to protect these assets and to determine actions appropriate to mitigate the risk. Incumbents have the responsibility of anticipating change, forecasting cost to the organization and predicting future trends. The Risk Specialist is responsible for monitoring and evaluating the quality of call performance for Collection and Recovery Client Services Advisors in support of the Consumer product segment.
- Development, implementation and application of risk metrics and methodologies.
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting of risk exposures.
- Identification and monitoring of risk management issues.
- Making recommendations to reduce and/or control risk.
- Documenting and reporting risk policy exceptions to risk committee.
- Monitoring and forecasting market trends.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements, mandated compliance processes and proposed legislation
- Follow BBVA Compass Consumer Credit Policy.
- Utilize various bank systems to research and confirm accuracy of data.
- Analytical and open-minded, able to provide an objective assessment based on verified data.
- A confident communicator able to present information, in detail, summary or response.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with word processing, spreadsheets and internet applications.
- A reliable team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to review and interpret the application of policies and procedures
- Ability to recognize regulatory risks and exposures for escalation and consideration