At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
The Merchant Sales Director will passionately lead all merchant (acquiring) sales teams within the Payments group to change, develop, and grow a new, state of the art, point of sale experience within the merchant community. The Merchant Sales Director will enthusiastically manage all sales activities and strategies within the payment acquiring channels. Motivating, coaching and training all merchant sales advisors and merchant inbound sales advisors throughout the network will be the key to success. The Director will align all sales activities and strategies to the overall payments strategic plan which includes the following key priorities: Dramatic growth in overall merchant terminals in both units and revenue, an excellent understanding and ability to teach the latest in POS terminal technology, and an understanding of both local merchant community demands aligned with global payment strategies and loyalty programs. A successful Director will have a deep understanding of retail and commercial banking, realizing that the initial sale of a POS terminal is the entrance to a deep, entire relationship with a small, medium or large business. Finally, the Director will ensure excellent merchant customer service by coaching his/her teams to deliver superior products, programs, technology and service based on each merchant’s needs.
- Team Sales
- Maximize the growth and revenue of new POS terminal and Payware device customers through all channels.
- Maximize referrals to the branch network to deepen all customer relationships.
- Sales Management
- Ensure calling plans are developed before each call and appointment.
- Coach time management skills to ensure a majority of team’s time is spent on growth, sales and customer service activities.
- Encourage and assist all sales channels to and participate in call blocks and call nights.
- Take a lead role in Region and District cascade and sales meetings.
- Coach all merchants sales advisors to motivate, train, and coach all those that sell merchant POS terminals in their designated geography.
- Products Offered
- All Payment Products including POS terminals and Payware devices.
- Ancillary Products such as: Gift Cards, Check Processing, Pre-Approved Business Credit Cards.
- Future Loyalty products.
- All other retail products offered on a referral basis.
- Services Offered
- Simplified Merchant Contract.
- Flat Fee Pricing.
- Flexible Pricing based on merchant’s needs and size.
- Merchant Account maintenance and services.
- Business Development
- Take the role as the acquiring sales leader by coaching advisors to help businesses and consumers enjoy a seamless payment event during every POS transaction.
- Be aware of all non-merchant related bank products to help merchant sales advisors to refer non-merchant products and greatly deepen business customer relationships.
- Become an active team member RRE’s, DRE’s, BSEs, and Merchant and TM Specialists.
- Work closely with local and global leadership to help create and execute the Payments plan.
- Encourage the Merchant Sales Advisor and Inbound Merchant Sales Advisor teams to completely own their merchant community from sale through fulfillment and servicing.
- Coach Merchant Sales Advisor tracking progress through MKOL.
- Enforce compliance with all opening and closing procedures at branch.
- When present at a branch be aware of any suspicious activity inside or outside the branch.
- Recognize and report any suspicious activity with transactions or servicing.
- Work closely with local and global leadership to completely understand and be engaged in the fast paced payments.
- Coach team to a minimum of 5 Needs Analysis conversations with merchant prospects every day.
- Motivate team to enter full customer profile conversation from each customer into MKOL with scheduled follow-ups.
- Engage all sales staff’s to deliver customer experience that stands alone in the merchant industry which will result in customer referrals.
- Be the foremost expert in Merchant Services products and services and the sales strategies.
- Stay current with all local and global payment news.
- Assist and Encourage that the Merchant Advisor teams to train branch staff in all areas of merchant services.
- Complete a quarterly compliance review.
- POS Terminal Units.
- POS Terminal Revenue.
- Merchant Services Profitability.
- Customer Service Standards.
- Merchant Services Portfolio Retention.
- Payments Profitability.
- Support Tools
- Sales strategies.
- Performance tracking.
- MKOL Lead management system.
- Payment specific and general banking product knowledge.
- Customer Relationship Management (MKOL System for Merchant Leads, Referrals, Reporting).
- Scripting for education and training.
- Portfolio package offers for cross-selling.
- Branch Retail Executive
- District Retail Executive
- A strong desire to motivate dynamic teams in a fast changing, dynamically growing payments industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years in a sales motivating role, managing large teams.
- 10+ years in retail banking, preferably with Merchant Services experience.
- Assertive communication skills with a drive for sales and service.
- Experience with Smart Phones and Smart Devices (Iphone, Ipad, Android, etc.)
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed