At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience.
Learn more below.
What will you be doing?
The Compliance Risk Specialist is responsible for the implementation and oversight of regulatory and compliance related activities within Engineering. This position works with the Engineering Risk Management department and Engineering Business Unit Managers to strengthen first line of defense activities within the Engineering Division- ensuring the Support Service Unit is compliant with regulatory and bank standards. This position will be accountable for the development of compliance monitoring activities within Engineering and coordinating regulatory and compliance requirements with Compliance, Risk, Legal and other partners. The position will promote and ensure compliance with applicable federal consumer lending laws and regulations.
- Coordinate execution of compliance related tasks within Engineering – conduits to the support service area and partnership with compliance subject matter experts
- Tactical oversight – discovery of potential issues within the first line of defense and development/coordination of remediation activities
- Aid in the development of new monitoring and controls
- Manage implementation of controls to be determined by compliance risk assessment process
- Assist in the measurement of performance to risk appetite
- Develop action plans in first line of defense to mitigate high and critical risks identified in risk assessments
- Strengthen action plans from Risk Management Tracking System (or applicable system) based on assessment results
- Coordinate ongoing risk assessment exercise with compliance and Engineering
- Continued focus on improving communication efforts between first and second line
- Participate/Coordinate compliance risk workshops with first line of defense and second line membership
- Development and ongoing maintenance of risk and regulatory dashboard reporting
- Overseeing development of appropriate Risk Management reporting and assessments on key regulatory risk initiatives, including identification of key risk indicators and controls
- Ambassador to create a culture of compliance within the first line of defense
- Interact with regulators as requested