BBVA Compass is a leading U.S. banking franchise with operations throughout the Sunbelt and it ranks among the top 25 largest U.S. commercial banks based on deposit market share. BBVA Compass operates over 600 branches in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas. It ranks among the largest banks in Alabama, Texas and Arizona. In addition, BBVA Compass has been recognized as one of the nation’s leading Small Business Administration lenders. BBVA Compass is a subsidiary of BBVA Compass Bancshares Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of BBVA (NYSE: BBVA) (MAD: BBVA).
At BBVA Compass, the Mortgage Processor is responsible for providing comprehensive, high-quality processing of real estate secured loan applications received through the bank’s various delivery channels. The Processor will be a primary contact for mortgage or equity customers and must be able to effectively communicate the bank’s loan products and services and respond to borrower needs. This position contributes to quality efforts of the Real Estate Secured Lending units through team orientation and focused excellence in achieving organizational service goals and quality standards. In the Construction Lending department, the processor’s focus will be processing Construction Permanent, Renovation Permanent, and Lot loans.
- Ensures the proper and timely completion of loan applications, collecting supporting documentation, pulling credit, documenting assets and liabilities and preparing a comprehensive loan package in preparation for underwriting.
- Provides best in class service to both the prospective borrower(s) and the sales team partners by delivering consistent and timely feedback throughout the lending process, anticipating borrower needs and vigilantly maintaining service level agreements.
- Assists borrower in understanding the loan product selected, obtains an interest rate lock from the sales channel and ensures accurate pricing.
- Ensures the POS and LOS systems are populated with the required application data and that loan/processing statuses are accurately maintained.
- Coordinates the ordering of appraisal, title, tax, flood and all other documentation, verification or certification required to appropriately decision the loan.
- Dispositions loans according to the underwriting decision, preparing approved loans for submission to closing or coordinating adverse action notices to applicants.
- Maintains strict adherence to all compliance and regulatory requirements as well as department policies and procedures.
PLEASE NOTE: The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above and consistent with the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.