At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience. Learn more below.
At some point we will all have electronic identities. Covault is looking to deliver a product toward this end goal. We are creating a consumer app and network service that enables everyone to privately and securely store, manage and control the information that makes you you.
As a key member of the team, the Compliance Control Lead is accountable for delivery of First Line of Defense responsibilities in these areas, with existing global and country control functions retaining all existing Second Line of Defense oversight functions. Accordingly, the Control Lead and their team serve as the primary point of contact with global/ New Digital Business (NDB) and country control functions, ensuring the strong two-way flow of information necessary for effective oversight and governance.
What you’ll do:
- Advises the CEO, product and engineering leads on control-related issues.
- Ensures that the team fulfills its obligations under applicable law, regulation, and BBVA policy.
- Ensures that activities remain within the defined risk tolerances of both BBVA and relevant subsidiaries. This will include, but not be limited to, development and administration of new products and features by assessing risks, identifying necessary controls, and ensuring necessary signoff from key NDB and country control functions.
- Coordinates closely with BBVA global, NDB, Compass Bank and country control functions, ensuring that they have the information needed for effective governance and oversight.
- Create processes to ensure risks are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Supports regulatory outreach on issues, working in all cases through regulatory relationships.
- In conjunction with BBVA global and country legal teams, coordinates with external counsel when needed, including as a part of any potential spin-off of the venture.
- Acts as the compliance and risk management partner to the CEO in vendor management and negotiations, including during any future spin off of the venture.
- Maintains strong comprehension of new and pending laws and regulations which directly affect the company’s practices.
- Develops or revises appropriate policies, procedures, contracts, and agreements to ensure compliance.
- Ensures that internal policies and procedures are prepared, reviewed, and updated as necessary.
- Submits compliance performance reports to senior management as appropriate.