Summary of Responsibilities:
The Associate will be part of the team responsible for the origination and structuring of debt capital market transactions for BBVA’s U.S. Corporate client base. Analysis of trends and market conditions in the Fixed Income markets across the U.S., Latin America and Europe. Responsible for preparing presentations, management reports, and spreadsheets. In addition; internal and external market updates. Work closely with Senior Originators in the preparation of marketing material and proposals for existing and prospective U.S. clientsand international clients.
Major/Essential Job Duties:
- Assist in the preparation of weekly market updates for internal and external clients, discussing bond market conditions in the U.S. Identify appropriate pricing parameters for issuers in context of relevant market and peer groups. Prepare and maintain the debt capital markets pricing analysis database.
- Contribute to the preparation of debt capital markets proposals and marketing materials, including internal memos.
- Provide support in the preparation of internal credit proposals, involving detailed credit and market analysis.
- Manage internal deal process through closing and manage deal files.
- Coordinate and work in conjunction with different departments within BBVA in the U.S., Latin America and Europe to successfully meet job responsibilities and duties.
- Provide assistance to and training of interns and analysts. Coordinate analyst workflow.
Level of Complexity and Risk Involved:
Moderately complex responsibilities, with a critical component being the coordination and interaction with other client and product groups within the bank. Credit and pricing analysis requires strong understanding of financial statement analysis, financial modeling/bond math and investment banking quantitative skills.
Scope of Duties:
- Interaction with other teams within the BBVA Group
- Maintenance of internal reports and their distribution to the appropriate areas.
- Understanding and development of financial modeling, financial statement analysis, derivative instruments.
- Oral and written presentations for client marketing and internal purposes.
- Client meeting participation when practical.
- Preparation and monitoring of the bond closing process
- Identification and use of research and tools.
- Participation in due diligence meetings.