The City President serves as the senior banking officer in the San Jose market with responsibility for the sale of retail and commercial products. The City President IV position is responsible for a portfolio of managed loans of at least $150 million, Loans and deposits of at least $200 million, and Pre-Tax Income of at least $4 million.
The incumbent's key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a business plan to ensure that the bank meets key goals in the key performance areas of: loan growth, deposit growth, non interest income growth, non-interest expense control and pre-tax profit attainment.
- Developing and maintaining key business relationships with local government officials, civic leaders, City Advisory Board members, business leaders, current customers and prospects. Effectively interface with Compass personnel such as the regional loan administrator, investment and mortgage specialists and retail and commercial banking administrators. The City President also represents the bank at various civic and business functions, serving in leadership capacities on civic and non-profit boards.
- Gaining and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of the area economy, influential people, history and culture.
- Managing the city's staff of employees by recommending staffing levels, selecting and training employees, establishing job responsibilities and performance standards, administering compensation programs and managing staff performance consistent with bank policy and sound management practices. On the retail side, the City President directly manages banking office managers and Premier Banking Officers (professional/executive/affluent banking). On the commercial side, the senior lender may be a direct report with commercial officers indirectly reporting.
- Supporting and growing the commercial banking business by actively prospecting for new business, leading/participating in the credit structuring, pricing and approval processes and supporting commercial relationship managers whenever possible.
- Supporting and growing the consumer banking business by executing corporate sales programs, providing guidance and training to sales staff and managing to the plan.
- Supporting other bank lines-of-business (Asset Management, etc.) and promote cross sell programs.
- Managing expenses by formulating an annual budget, approving budgeted expenditures, tracking expenses and adjusting where appropriate and promoting fiscal responsibility among the staff.
- Serving on or leading various task forces or groups as required.
Additional Market Responsibilities (may vary by market):
- Allocate the foundation budget in market
- Handle the office management functions
- Attend community functions as the market leader for the bank
- Organize retail participation in those community functions