Main Duties and Responsibilities
To be a successful Wealth Strategist, he/she must be able to build relationships with the bank’s Relationship Managers and Clients, establish credibility as a source of trustworthy advice, and excel at building a business. The ideal candidate will have past experience in wealth planning and insurance services targeting Private Banking clients.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Wealth Planning and Structured Products.
• Previous positions held in International Private Wealth Insurance Specialist or Wealth Planning including Insurance solutions.
• Experience selling to and servicing an existing client base.
• Strong client relationship background.
• Understanding of Wealth Management business (offshore) and insurance competitive and regulatory environment.
• Strong history of achievement through career progression and/or track record.
• Demonstrate good communication skills and contributions to team success in past roles.
• Internal and external client facing skills.
• Strong negotiation, complex problem resolution, communication and presentation (written and oral) skills.
• Strong legal and compliance background doing business in Latin America.
• Team player with ability to work at both small and large levels of the organization with limited support.
• Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency, and high level of professional and personal integrity.
• Self-motivated and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to gain the trust of internal and external clients and staff.
• Enthusiasm and passion for the project at hand.
• Identify and embrace the organizational values and culture of BBVA Compass.
• Ambition for producing commercial development.
• Willing to be measured and rewarded commensurate by growth.
• Versatile profile with proven flexibility to adapt to internal changes and client approach corresponding to different Latin American markets.
• Bachelor’s Degree
Technical Skills / Requirements
• The ideal Candidate is an advisor and should have a consultative sales approach.
• The ideal Candidate should understand the International Wealth Management environment.
• He/She should have a sales/hunter personality, know how to close a sale, and build a close network with BBVA’s Relationship Managers.
• Bilingual English & Spanish.
• Trilingual is a plus (English, Spanish and Portuguese)
• Licenses: CFP (a plus), General lines- Life & Health, Series 6, 7, 63, 65 or 66 (a plus).