At BBVA, we’re working to make banking better for everyone. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for smart, team-oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience.
Learn more below.
What will you be doing?
Conduct comprehensive investigations of internal and external bank fraud. An Investigator I typically can take proactive steps towards an Investigator II.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze incoming fraud claims and determine whether further review is warranted
- Be able to complete a detailed review by using the internal and external applications
- Will be required decision and assign cases
- Will be required to complete fraud cases with detailed notes stating the facts and steps that were taken in the case
- May be required to prepare documentation for Investigators and Law Enforcement Officials for a case
- Answer phone calls regarding cases and be able to handle any and all customer questions
- Maintain organization of files, reports, case work, and other required record keeping per system/ departmental guidelines
- Maintain and build a rapport with the investigators, branch personnel, and line of management
- Place all managerial requests first
- Assist team members and other areas as needed such as, during absences, holidays, and times of back log
- Be able and willing to take on additional responsibilities or challenges directed by Department Management
- Must be able to prioritize case load appropriately and meet all established deadlines
- Must be excellent at recognizing and interpreting unusual patterns of activity
- Complete yearly compliance training, bank policy, and “Know the Code” in a timely manner as needed
- Maintain higher level of confidentiality with regard to all information channeled through Fraud Operations
- Represent Fraud Operations with the utmost professional behavior and integrity. Maintain professionalism
- Follow bank guidelines and code of conduct
- Must have knowledge of and adhere to all Regulatory Compliance for the respective area
- Provide a narrative of investigation findings written and documented for review, approval, and submission to Departmental Regulatory Team.