At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience.
Learn more below.
What will you be doing?
Conduct investigations on internal and external bank fraud cases, employing basic level knowledge of related laws and regulations to ensure assigned cases are pursued through appropriate channels. Identify potential efficiencies and improvements to processes when needed. An Investigator I can typically take progressive steps towards becoming an Investigator II position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be able to complete a detailed review by using the internal and external applications
- Will be required to complete fraud cases with detailed notes stating the facts and steps that were taken in the case
- May be required to prepare documentation for Law Enforcement Officials for a case
- Serves as a liaison and build a rapport with all LOBs contact on assigned cases,
- Will be expected to become proficient in the Case Management System, Alnova, Signature System, Vector, IArchive, Google suite of products, Microsoft Office, and many other internal and external applications
- Maintain organization of files, reports, case work, and other required record keeping per system/ departmental guidelines
- Assist team members and other areas as needed such as, during absences, holidays, and times of backlogged
- Be able and willing to take on additional responsibilities or challenges directed by Department Management
- Must be proficient at recognizing and interpreting unusual patterns of activity
- Maintain higher level of confidentiality with regard to all information channeled through SAFE
- Represent SAFE with the utmost professional behavior and integrity
- Adhere to the bank’s regulatory determination guidelines of case reportability by timely review of newly assigned cases and the application of correct determining decision in accordance with the bank’s documented procedures and established FinCEN guidelines
- Provide a narrative of investigation findings written and documented for review, approval, and submission to Departmental Regulatory Team
- Regulatory compliance referral/filing if applicable to case, all regulatory reporting issued should be timely, accurate, and correct in according with FinCEN timeframe specifications
- Daily administration duties: e.g. “report writing, monitoring, pay and return decisions”
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly statistical reports
- Attend and participate in meeting specific to the area
- Must adhere to all SLAs developed for the group
- Expected to make outbound calls to customers, other banks, and other internal departments
Specific Job Duties (Fraud Operations)
- Review and analyze the system alerts to determine whether further review is warranted
- Learn specific fraud system for area assigned
- Expected to cross train on all fraud systems
- Expected to learn all fraud types
- Monitor and take calls from the group’s inbound phone queues