MIS Data Analysts serve as the primary point of responsibility for ensuring the consistency, completeness, accuracy and ongoing suitability of BBVA Compass’ critical data assets. They support various lines of business in the bank in the development of business requirements and translate the business data requirements into logic and instructions for the developers to implement, through detailed analysis of the available data and BBVA Compass’ current database models. They develop the complex logical and physical database designs and data models in support of enterprise data management.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement data governance standards, policies, and procedures for the control, protection, consistency and delivery of corporate data and information assets.
- Collaborate with line of business to develop requirements for the development and implementation of informational projects.
- Review and guide the development of logical and physical data models for projects that impact the informational platform.
- Develop processes for the delivery of data collected from operational applications and the distribution of this data to the informational platform and data marts for analysis and reporting.
- Perform impact analysis for changes to operational application processes and data that may affect the informational environment.
- Initiate quality assurance projects in the operational infrastructures to ensure that data is properly cleansed and certified prior to being transferred to the informational infrastructure.
- Perform user acceptance testing and post production testing on projects that impact the informational platform to ensure they meet business requirements
- Support daily and monthly production processes for assigned systems.
- Produce reconciliations of informational platform data between source operational systems and financial reporting systems.
- Maintains integrity of informational processes, from documentation of procedures to organization of multiple informational projects.
- Conducts independent research and analysis and special projects in support of the informational platform or LOB.
- Interacts directly with management level personnel in other areas of the bank as necessary to complete assigned projects.