At BBVA, we are working to make banking better for everyone. That is where you come in. We are looking for smart, team oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience.
Learn more below.
What will you be doing?
The Business Analyst for the BBVA Compass Payments Loyalty division will partner with the Payments product managers to define the loyalty specific business rules, requirements and strategy in order to assist in the achievement of the product goals. This professional will work closely with Bank’s loyalty vendors to implement new initiatives as well as execute change requests, development requests and campaign requests. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert on how the loyalty platforms operate and perform. He or she will assist in monitoring the performance of the loyalty vendors to the established SLAs. This individual will also partner with internal resources from areas like file processing, marketing, customer service, legal, compliance and channels in order to manage the day-to-day business, implement new initiatives and fix any errors identified. The Business Analyst will serve as bank escalation point for customer experience/service issues for the loyalty platforms/programs. With the Bank’s number one priority being the customer, this team member will always work with customer experience in mind and will continuously strive to create improvements to the platform and programs in order to meet our customers’ needs.
Payment Product Management and Strategy
- Support payment product management, strategy and assist with subject matter expertise to internal business groups and external partners.
- Support articulating and translating the product and loyalty platform strategy to technical and operational directives; responding to stakeholder questions and issues.
- Contribute to business case refinement; providing thoughtful input to payment product and cardholder lifecycle performance.
Collaborative Process Management
- Provide product and platform status updates to senior management.
- Understand business impacts from internal teams and external partners, negotiating priorities, and addressing competing factors as needed.
- Facilitate strong communication across cross-functional teams internally and externally.
- Strives to create an environment of integration and collaboration by working effectively with cross- functional partners. Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that integrated plans deliver on both long-term and immediate-term business objectives.
- Communicate business needs that will be reflected in and impacted by development activity.
- Creating, reviewing and/or approving business requirements, functional specifications, and other technical documentation.
- Evaluate and support external vendor program management and performance.
- Collaborate on development issues, such as reprioritizing tasks, participating in UAT, or handling performance problems.
- Understand technical processes and Agile methodology
- Formulate proposals for new systems and information needs by analyzing existing systems and procedures and defining technical and procedural improvements.
- Coordinates the functional requirements with business management and the technical solutions with systems personnel to determine the most cost effective solution. Makes recommendations in the form of proposals or white paper.
- Analyzes and approves program specifications, code and design of reports and routines necessary to support reporting.
- Writes complex test plans, supervises and performs tests of new systems and modifications to existing systems.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of loyalty information needs of the business unit and pursues the technical skills necessary to support those needs.
- May provide technical troubleshooting and escalation support assistance to users within the unit.
- Escalation point for customer service issues pertaining to the loyalty platform and/or rewards programs.
- Vendor management responsibilities, including monitoring performance to established SLAs.
- Performs special projects as assigned.