FUNCTION: Securities Monitoring Team (SMT) – Comml Loan Monitoring Spec III is primarily responsible for review of credits secured by negotiable securities. The review includes loan agreement compliance and collateral value tracking. This position is responsible for enhancing, monitoring, calculating, updating and performing maintenance on affiliated SMT records to an assigned portfolio of loans.
Enhancement of records created in BBVA Compass’ securities monitoring system occurs by adding specific information derived from the credit and collateral agreements. Candidates for this position must have a high level of knowledge regarding financial statement preparation spanning from Borrower Prepared, CPA Reviewed, and CPA Audited; negotiable securities borrowing base calculations, brokerage and other related statements.
- Insert (load) records into BBVA Compass’ securities monitoring system by entering information regarding record specific requirements including definitions, financial reporting requirements, borrowing base definitions and other required covenants as described in credit agreements.
- Set up or confirm covenant calculation spreadsheet and borrowing base analysis tracking are set-up correctly.
- Review financial statements, tax returns, guarantor financial statements and other documents required by credit agreements.
- Update borrowing base availability when applicable.
- Perform continuous monitoring of assigned loans with prompt notification to Section Managers of any adverse trends as directed.
- When requested, assist Relationship Support Specialists and Relationship Managers in evaluating possible next steps and reaching resolution when a borrower is determined to be out of compliance.
- Act as communication conduit for SMT with Relationship Support Specialists, Relationship Managers, City Presidents, Regional Executives, Risk & Portfolio Management, Credit Risk, Loan Documentation & Funding Control and other departments involved in the loan process.
- Minimize and mitigate risk associated with the portfolios monitored by SMT
- Interface with the various Lines of Business (LOBs) regarding SMT reporting, credit/collateral actions and other initiatives
- Promote a positive departmental image: projecting an integrated service, consistent communication, and good flow of information to various Banking areas/ LOBs.
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) representing SMT in various organizations projects
- As directed, act as a system administrator for the SMT software
- Implement and adhere to departmental procedures.
- Complete special projects as requested.