At BBVA, we’re working to make banking better for everyone. That’s where you come in. We’re looking for smart, team-oriented people who want to be part of a first-class workforce that gives people the tools they need to meet their financial goals, all while delivering an outstanding client experience.
Learn more below.
What will you be doing?
Provides overall direction to a major operations department (or multiple operations functions) to ensure maximum customer service, appropriate control and to achieve the bank's strategic business objectives in an efficient and effective manner. Reviews and monitors bank policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state banking regulations. Oversees staffing to assure continuity, innovation and effectiveness in support of the bank's major operational functions. Oversees compliance with laws and regulations applicable to the major operational and support functions. Exercises usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, and terminations. Represents bank in business development and community activities. This position is typically a second or third line manager within an operations function having subordinate managers reporting to this role.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ DUTIES:
- Implements departmental policies and operating procedures to ensure maximum customer service and appropriate control.
- Develops and implements sound operating procedures which are consistent with overall bank policies and operating objectives in order to maximize customer satisfaction and bank profit.
- Oversees the accurate and efficient processing of customer checks.
- Provides product training for front line staff.
- Assists in the prompt, efficient resolution to customer problems and/or inquiries.
- Participates in setting prices for operational services and establishes new procedures to accomplish objectives.
- Participates in annual budget planning process.
- Recommend, develop and lead the implementation of new operational systems and upgrades/enhancements which support user groups throughout the bank in achieving their goals for operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assure that the bank has access to and is prepared to apply innovations in operational systems and support functions; recommend changes which match these to the bank's needs.
- Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of operational and compliance policies and procedures to assure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Maintain current knowledge base of compliance requirements and pending changes.
- Directs and manages operations staff to achieve established department goals.
- Responsible for activities of employees in the operations and accounting department.
- Makes authoritative recommendations regarding selections of new employees, salary increases, promotions, transfers, disciplinary actions, and terminations. Maintains documentation on recommendations and actions taken.
- Sets performance standards, gives clear direction, delegates and schedules work.
- Monitors performance, gives on-going performance feedback and conducts effective performance appraisals.
- Trains, coaches, counsels, and provides general direction and guidance to direct reports.
- Schedules staff to ensure proper customer service coverage.
- Develop and manage annual budgets and staffing plans to achieve the above in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and policies relating to bank operations.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state banking regulations and local legal obligations such as tax levies, court appearances, and garnishments.
- Develops and maintains record retention policy to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Works with auditors and examiners during examinations, audits, and reviews.